You may have all of your gifts picked out or on order for the holidays but make sure you don’t forget about getting something nice for the host or hostess that is preparing your holiday meal or party this holiday season. Bringing a bottle of wine is always a nice gesture but let’s be honest, it is usually consumed by the time the party is over and probably not even by the host. This year, make a lasting impression on your host/hostess with something thoughtful that will remember past the night of the party. We have scoured the internet and some of our favorite local shops to find the best gifts out there that are sure to wow any host this holiday season.
1. Cocktail Napkins: Forget cheesy paper napkins and give these handcrafted napkins from the cutest shop in Charleston, SC. Oh and since I went to high school with the owner of this shop and designer, I know that they are damn good.
2. Wine Pourer: Bring the party to the next level with fun wine stoppers/pourers. We love this unicorn pourer for obvious reasons, but there are a ton of animals to choose from. Just pick your hostess’ favorite animal!
3. Candle: This isn’t just any candle, this candle looks just as good as it smells. Perfect for the hostess that loves to set the mood during those holiday parties.
4. Cheese Board: If your host or hostess is a cheese and wine lover then you know they will love a cheese board like this one. Plus you will reap all the benefits the next time you come over!
5. Apron: This isn’t your Mom’s apron, this one has major style. We love these aprons from Salt House so much we could practically wear them out of the house.
6. Winc Membership: If your host/hostess is a wine lover, then this is the gift for them. Instead of bringing a singular bottle that will be consumed immediately. Send them a month of Winc for only $39, and they will have three bottles to enjoy long after the party is over.
7. Wine Glasses: We love these glasses because they are fun, a bit funky and hold our favorite thing, WINE. Wrap up a set of 4, and you will be the most popular guest at the party!
8. Cook Book: Pick out something unique and fun that you know your host will enjoy and use. We love this one by Gweneth Paltrow because she makes easy, healthy and delicious dishes!
9. Whiskey Stones: Perfect for any whiskey loving host!
Sarah and Michelle