I embrace an all white outfit all year around. The white on white combo always looks so effortless and chic and it’s a no brainer when coming up with outfits which is a plus in my book. This trend will always be in style from one season to the next and is a great statement outfit. Perfect for events and parties when you want to stand out, but maybe not for a wedding. 😜
Here are 5 helpful tips on how to wear all white outfits.
- Mix white textures: Always try mixing the textures in your outfit to give your look some depth and character. If you are wearing white silk pants – pair it back to a sweater or jersey material top. I wore these lace shorts with a jersey tank and structured blazer for that extra element.
- Add in neutrals: Nude and silver accessories are always best to keep the look clean. But if you are feeling vibrant a pop of color is always fun for events and parties where you really want to make a statement.
- Tan before hand: I definitely don’t fake and bake anymore. Spray tan is the way to go – but we all know it can get a bit messy. An all white outfit looks insanely good with a tan, so ensure you get that tan in a few days before to ensure no left over residue. We all know white isn’t the easiest color to keep clean!
- Match your bra and underwear to your skin tone: White pieces tend to be see-through, so first do the hand check and see how bad it is. Combat that with wearing a bra and underwear that matches your skin tone to keep them discrete.
- Turn up the makeup and hair: Wear a bold lip color and have fun with the hair. This is the time to shine as your face will be in the spotlight with such a clean look. Remember- perfume before and makeup after to avoid any staining!
Wearing- Blazer (Barbara Bui); Tee (Rag & Bone); Shorts (WAYF); Sunglasses (Le Specs); Shoes (J. Crew); Bag (CHANEL via Bag Borrow or Steal); Bracelets (Trollbeads); Watch (Christian Paul).
Photos by the lovely Felicia Lasala