I was inspired by several of the vintage looks Sarah and Michelle pulled for their fall fashion shoot. I wanted to create a simple yet extremely glamorous look for both of them with soft vintage waves.
Sarah’s Hair :
- I applied Volumista and Foundation Mist to wet hair for volume, hold, and shine.
- I then sprayed Dry Texturizing Spray all over before curling to give it a little bit more grit and hold before curling.
- Before curling each piece, I sprayed Soft Lacquer heat styling spray to each section to protect and give hold to the curl.
- After taking all pins down, I again sprayed Dry Texturizing and brushed her hair out with a soft bristle brush, brushing the waves into place.
- Finally I finished with Superfine Hairspray to hold the style perfectly in place.
- Michelle’s hair is super thick and curly so I started by applying Oribe’s Gold Lust Oil and Supershine Moisturizing Creme concocted together help tame her locks before blowdrying.
- Next I flat ironed her hair with the Shine Spray.
- I then went thru in 2-3″ sections and did flat iron curls all the same direction again with the Shine Light Reflecting Spray and Heat Protectant Spray together.
- I brushed hair out manipulating the curl to fall together into one big wave. I applied a little bit of Beach to the ends during this process to give it soft shine and hold.
- I set this style with Superfine Hairspray and anti-humectant spray to deter those fly-aways from coming back out!
I have been so impressed by the complete Oribe line. Their products are rich and luxurious and do exactly what they say they are going to do- powerfully…. And not to mention they smell amazing! The whole line has a French perfume infused into it which is nice when layering products. Whenever I use their finishing products, especially the Dry Texturizing Spray, I get a million compliments on my perfume! I always appreciate a line created by a hairstylist who truely knows what we need. Oribe has had an incredible career working with practically every model, celebrity, and fashion house out there. He knows what women and hairstylist need in order to create the looks in magazines and has created the perfect line to do so. We were so excited to launch the line at Salon Emage earlier this month.
Ashley’s Favorite products:
- Royal blowout— helps achieve sleek shiny hair and seals cuticle for no frizz!
- Dry texturizing spray— builds texture in the hair without a waxy feel. Absorbs oil, volumizes, and smells ahhhmazing!
Be sure to check back with us soon for our Fall Fashion Series with South Moon Under, Ella Rue and H&M!
Ashley, Sarah and Michelle
All photos in this post were taken by Noelle Turbitt