More is more this spring with all the trends hitting the runway. I haven’t been this excited for the season’s must haves from the inspiration and colors to the silhouettes and details, all up my fashion alley. So much I felt inspired to share what I’m excited to style this year. Almost as excited as I am for warmer weather. Seriously though.
More is More. How so? You like a dramatic sleeve? Give me the largest, billowiest one! Love a fem style but also into menswear? Why not have both in one mixing silk with structure? Over the animal print trend? Try mixing with compatible print for something unexpected or a snake print vs. the bolder. This spring, shake things up by mixing trends already in your closet with a few must haves to achieve the looks.
Below are my top 5 favorite trends this season along with the must haves you need to pick up if you don’t already have!
- Fem Silhouettes: We continue to embrace all things feminine, and this season we will see all silhouettes that embody this. Think a flowy, whimsical fairy tale with the most beautiful pastel floral patterns. Zimmerman is one of my favorite designers that always nails this, but this year incorporates a lot of structure such as a belt to the feminine body for a taste of both.
- Trench Coats: I love a classic trench coat. One with a belt and collar to really bring back that Sherlock Holmes vibe. Pair this back to a wide leg pant, washed out denim and sneak or a flowy, feminine dress. It completes the look with simplicity in a very chic way.
- Drawstring Pants: Probably my favorite trend because I’m all about a drawstring pant. Denim gets boring and this brings detail and structure to the table in the most comfortable way possible. Try a high waisted pant and crop sweater or more of a sportier take with stripes. So much you can do with this style.
- Animal Print: Yes, yes. It’s not going anywhere. Not anytime soon that is, so let’s embrace it because we all secretly love it. But what I love about this trend for spring is the softer print we are now seeing that gives it more of a palm dessert feel. The washed out colors feel less aggressive, more feminine and almost transports you to Palm Springs or that California dreaming lifestyle you would envision. You can also reuse more of your bolder leopard prints from the fall and do a little pattern play by mixing it with stripes for a fun take on the trend.
- Billowy Back to Silk: This plays in to the feminine silhouettes but I’m loving all the billowy silk sleeves I’m seeing on tops and dresses. It’s such a statement but still subtle due to the soft drape.Pair back to jeans and a strappy heel for a night out or a silk pant for an occasion. So dreamy.
The Must Haves to pick up this season are … denim layering piece, white sneakers, leather jacket, asymmetrical dress, wide waist belt, strappy sandal, novelty denim such as a flare or waist detail.
What are you most excited about this Spring?