6 Tips for Goal Setting
A bit behind tackling your New Year’s Resolutions this year? Instead of beating yourself up about how far behind you are with what you want to accomplish, why not get to work and set your goals today? Our #52DayShred Coach, Reebok Marketing Guru, Crossfit Competitor, and Body Architect at Anatomy Fitness, Nikki Pepper, is here to share her secrets to goal setting and how to get started today. Here’s your chance to create a plan for yourself for what you want to achieve.
- Set SMART Goals – This acronym stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely.
- Write them down! There’s great power in writing something down on a piece of paper. Setting something in ink also sets it in your mind!
- Keep your goals listed where you can see them every day. Some suggestions are a white board, your phone screen background, on a piece of paper on your nightstand, on your mirror in your bathroom—Anywhere you’re bound to look at them.
- Use visualization techniques. Picture yourself accomplishing your goals—How it’s going to feel, what will happen as a result, how you’ll be able to live differently. If you can believe it, you can achieve it!
- Phone a friend—Use the buddy system to keep you accountable. We encourage you to network with-in our private Facebook group and check-in with each other to stay motivated (in addition to the support of your #52DayShred coach)!
- Set timelines for goals. Break each goal into actionable steps that can be broken down into monthly, weekly, and daily goals. Creating a schedule helps bigger goals seem more achievable and keeps you on track in terms of when you want to achieve them by.
Note that these strategies can be applied to more than just your health and fitness goals—Use these in your everyday life to make 2018 your most successful year yet!
Looking for extra accountability to help you achieve those goals? We’re here to help! Email us at [email protected] to join the list for our next #52DayShred challenge starting this spring. Find more information on the program here.
Nikki Pepper @Salt.n.Peppah